Saturday, January 24, 2009

My two newest dolls

...as I was growing up, from the 70s to the early 90s, I always sought out things that represented me. Being a male American born Filipino, this wasn't always easy. There were no actors, athletes, cartoon characters(the Chan clan does not count)... no anything.

At some point, I'm not sure when, I let go of looking for Filipino stuff, and broadened my parameters to anything Asian. This was a tad bit easier. Then I had an entire continent to pull from! So when I heard that Jason Wu of integrity toys had released a doll who was Asian and male, I bought one immediately.

Of course, I have my very own personal hell in that I must always buy dolls in twos, (so they won't be lonely on the way to my house, and they'll have a friend when introduced to the dolls already there, yup, I'm crazy).

Without further ado, here are my two newest dolls Takeo Mizutani and Adele Makeda. They are showing off some of my newest rement accessories.



1 comment:

dollnerd said...

ooh, sweet swimsuit on adele!